Menu

 photo home_zpsecd5b429.jpg  photo our-story_zps2f12829c.jpg  photo ministries_zps3878091c.jpg

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Noel Day #2

It was so wonderful to arrive at the Noel orphanage today and greet familiar faces so excited to see us. My Patrick & Denise found me quickly:) Baylie & I spent some time in the youngest baby room holding babies, playing with babies, and having a sweet teenager, John, translate for us with the caregivers (Mama's) It was nice to be able to tell them what a great job they are doing taking care of the children and that we hope God blesses each of them for what they do every day for the children. We then strapped a baby on our back and walked around with our other friends laughing and playing, working hard to understand each other. It was just SO Awesome!!! After my sweet little one Louisa took a long nap on my back I took her back for lunch and headed over to sing with Sid in the special needs area. It was such a blessing to see these special teenagers blossom and come alive as Sid played ball with them & sang to them for hours. Sid left the soccer ball with a little boy, Modest who stayed with him all day with a promise that the ball would stay in the special needs area. Praying it stays their for a while since it is the ONLY thing they have:( We had lunch and then we sang worship music with all the children. My favorite part was listening to our friend John who is blind sing several songs with Sid playing guitar. It was so so sweet!!! We took instant pictures of the kids, played ball, and walked & talked all day. It was spectacular and exhausting, and I loved EVERY minute of it! It really is amazing home spending a day holding the hand of a child can make them feel so important, so loved, so special regardless of the fact that you do not speak the same language.
So many people talk about whether they think short term mission trips really help or hurt. Without a doubt, we have made a difference in the lives of many. And even if I only reach one child with the love of my Savior then It. Is. Worth. It!!!

My sweetest moment of the day:
Singing these words to my blind friend John and seeing him break down in tears...

I Love you Lord, And I Lift My Voice
To Worship You Oh My soul Rejoice
Take joy my king in what you hear
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear

John & Sid Praising God
Baylie with a Little Tiny:)
Little Louisa Nappin'
Sydnie & Alise
My Sweet Patrick's
Learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless,
defend the orphan, plead for the widow
~Isaiah 1:23

No comments:

Post a Comment