Menu

 photo home_zpsecd5b429.jpg  photo our-story_zps2f12829c.jpg  photo ministries_zps3878091c.jpg

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Clean Water = Saved Lives

For years I've read about the lack of clean water in other countries. I knew it was a BIG problem. I had fasted from everything but water & donated what I would have spent on soda, coffee, etc. I'd read about different organizations that's primary mission is to drill clean water wells. I had even thought about signing up for a 5K to help fund water wells. It wasn't until I made multiple trips to other countries; Haiti, Rwanda, Ethiopia; that I really realized what a HUGE problem the lack of clean water is. While in those countries I bought an abundance of water bottles. Drank the bottled water, brushed my teeth with the water & even wasted some of the water; while all around me people were drinking the visibly dirty water. Then I started hearing stories & meeting real people. I started to see that many children primarily girls were spending 6-8 hrs a day walking for dirty water that would likely definitely make them sick. These girls were basically walking a 5K 3 times a day with a 50lb Jerry can on their head. I started seeing sick people in clinics that were literally dying from water borne diseases. Mama's are literally losing their babies & Babies are losing their mama's. It is heartbreaking. In South Sudan, 80% of the people in hospitals & clinics are suffering from water borne illnesses and many of them die. Drilling a water well not only brings clean water to thousands of people, it brings communities together, it is a visible way to show the Love of Christ, and it gives them Hope. This is something we can all be a part of, and it can make such a huge impact. There have been so many people having amazing fundraisers to help fund water wells. What are your fun ideas? How can you get your children involved? And your community involved? Here's how our good friend Stephen Elder made a difference and raised over $6000!!!!


Check out Water IS Basic 
& see how you can make a difference

What a day looks like for so many around the world

RU: "Water is Life"


Water:The Second Enemy



"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water." ~John 7:38



No comments:

Post a Comment