Menu

 photo home_zpsecd5b429.jpg  photo our-story_zps2f12829c.jpg  photo ministries_zps3878091c.jpg

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

FULL


For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. 
~Ephesians 3:14-19

...and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. ~Colossians 2:10

Being filled with Christ and allowing God to rule over every area of my life has been life altering. Putting it into words is not easy, but here is my heart...

Yeah, we all talk about how we want to live a righteous life, how we want to make a difference, how we want to give up what we want for what God wants. What he's "calling" us to do. But in all reality, we TRUST God with almost everything. There is always something we continue to hang on to; our job, our success, or material things, our spouse, and of course "Our" kids. Cause you know it's all "Ours" WRONG!!!!! It's all God's. Period! We seek what we think God has for us but only from our own perspective and in this we are truly not trusting God fully. Why is it SO hard to trust him 100%, why do we doubt, why do we hold onto those things and ignore what God really has for us? When we 
give up the life WE want for the life God wants, our lives come in line with God, and a whole amazing life unfolds before us.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 
~ Ephesians 5:15-17

I'm not saying I've arrived at this incredible Fullness of Christ where I never have any doubt. But I know that God loves me so much and because of that I am filled with the fullness of God. I don't want just fulfillment in life, I want fulfillment in Christ! I must make sure my heart & my mind are constantly aware that It. Is. ALL. About. God. and I need to get over myself and what I see as leading a God glorifying life, and allow the fullness of Christ to rule my life. It is an every day, every hour, every minute process of GIVING IT UP, and some days it is just plain hard. But with that fullness in Christ comes JOY!

I want to be striving everyday to be filled with Christ, for Him to be the ruler over everything I do, say, or decide. To be constantly pursuing righteousness so that I may glorify God from the moment I wake til I drift off to sleep. He is bigger than me and it must be less about me & more about Him!

and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. ~ John 8:32
Giving them ALL to you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment