Menu

 photo home_zpsecd5b429.jpg  photo our-story_zps2f12829c.jpg  photo ministries_zps3878091c.jpg

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Circle Maker

Back some months ago a dear friend had told me about a must read book (other than my bible) that I had to read! It sounded amazing from her vivid descriptions of which I quickly halted, 'cause I hate to ruin a good book by getting a detailed preview. Ha! I finally ordered the book & started it on a recent plane ride. I wept. On the plane. One chapter in. I'm sure people around me surely thought a loved one must have passed on to heaven. I seriously had to stop reading it just to let it all soak in! I've read a little bit here & there over the past weeks, stopping to let it soak, processing & seeing what God's word has to say about it. It has totally changed my thinking, altered my prayer life, and shown me how to BOLDLY Pray like I never have before! Like most people I love a good DARE. This book has seriously challenged me to pray prayers that change me and the world around me, prayers that are specific & prayers that seem impossible.

This family is...
Drawing Circles around HUGE things, 
                                                     BIG Dreams, 
                                                                   & GINOURMOUS World Changing Endeavors!



*********************************************************************************
A few of my Favorite Quotes from Mark Batterson's The Circle Maker:

"The more opposition we experience, the harder we have to pray, and the harder we have to pray, the more miracles God does"

"God is hunting you down to Bless You"

"His capacity to give is far greater than your capacity to receive."

"If you've never had a God-sized dream that scared you half to death, then you haven't really come to life"

"the Almighty is moved by big dreams and bold prayers."

"the more you have to circle something in prayer, the more satisfying it is spiritually. And, often, the more glory God gets."

"I'm not looking for the path of least resistance; I'm looking for the path of greatest glory."

What God's word says about praying boldly & courageously:

Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently
 into God's presence. ~Eph 3:12


So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. ~Heb 4:16

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you ~Matt 7:7

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you." ~Deut 31:6



No comments:

Post a Comment